Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving was quite different this year than usual, but I had a great time.  We had about 11 people come over and had lots of food.  We didn't go to the burden of making a turkey, but we bought some roasted chickens, made lots of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, calabaza frita (fried squash/pumpkin), green bean casserole, veggies, stuffing, apple pie, bread, cheese, ham… and 16ish bottles of wine!  We started the festivities around 5 o'clock and finished at 4:30 in the morning.  It was really fun and a great way to get to know my roommate.  She stayed the whole evening so I got to know her a little better.  She only knows Spanish, so we spent the night talking in English and Spanish with everyone and eating and drinking a lot.  It was a great holiday spent in good company! The picture above is of my roommate (Mari) and me on Thanksgiving!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment