Sunday, September 12, 2010

Annie's birthday


Last night we went out for Annie's 22nd birthday.  We were supposed to meet on the bridge over the river, but I went a little early just to be able to have some alone time before.  As I looked out across the river at the strip of bars and restaurants and people strolling along the river with the cathedral and the bull ring dome lit up in the background, I really finally got a chance to appreciate where I am.  I feel so lucky to be here, and ya know what, I deserve it.  I am glad I  can admit that I think I deserve this.  This is where I wanna be and I worked really hard to get here.  As I looked down in the river,  the fishermen were doing some odd sort of fishing (I'm sure there was a technique to it, although I couldn't quite figure out what it was).  They would throw a big chunk of bread in the water and SWARMS, literally SWARMS of GIGIANTIC fish would go towards the bread.  I did not take a picture because it was too dark, but the fish were maybe a little longer than the length of my arm, and really fat around.  Not sure what kind of fish they were.  Anyway, there were hundreds trying to eat the pieces of bread.  There were about 3 or 4 groups after different pieces of bread.  It was fascinating! Anyway, after meeting with the group we went from bar to bar (y a few discos) chatting it up, drinking, and dancing.  It was really fun.  We even saw a drag queen bar, which I very much did not expect to see! I had a good night and I really like Annie.  I am glad that she is going to Granada with me cuz I think we will be good friends.  Didn't get home until 3 a.m., and surprising to me, my host family was still awake... didn't expect that!  It might have been because they had to take their mother to the hospital last night when I was leaving the house, so it was probably a long night for them.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Lady, you most defintiely deserve this expereince, and I am so glad that oyu are over there having a blast and enjoying your life and the world!!
    i miss you over here,
    lots of love lady! xxx

    ReplyDelete