Sunday, September 19, 2010

SEVILLA VS. PARIS PARTIDO DE FUTBOL!!!

So, on Thursday after school, I went with a group of people to the partido de futbol (the soccer game) of Sevilla vs Paris.  First we went to this sandwich cafe to get some beer and mini sandwiches before the game.  It was really fun.  I met a few people in my program that I did not know and enjoyed a few beers.  When we got to the game, I was SHOCKED to find out that you can't buy alcohol at the game! I mean, it is Europe here people! You can drink at any time of day almost anywhere and it is legal, but not at the game?! How crazy!  I guess they are afraid people will get out of hand maybe? Not sure, but es posible! Anyway, we had tickets for up really high, but it was still fun.  It was different than games in America because they are not trying to sell stuff as much or play ads, or playbacks, or anything like that on the screen.  The screen only shows the score.  There was a net behind one of the goals and a person that I was with informed me that it was there because the most hard core Sevilla fans sit behind there and it was to keep them from throwing stuff on the field.  And it was true, that was the rowdiest part of the stadium.  They were waving their flags, standing, and singing the whole time.  Sevilla ended up losing 0-1, but it was still a really fun experience.  I wish I could go to every game, but it is just too expensive.  Afterwards, we went out as a group to a bar for a little food and drink, and then progressed to go to another bar, where it was very crowded and there were a lot of Americans, but I met a few people that I attempted to speak Spanish with.  It was kind of strange that some of the places where there were bars, it would be absolutely deserted on the streets on the way there, and then you would turn a corner and hundreds of people would be crowded on one street at one or two bars!  It was crazy.  Anyway, didn't get back until about 3 in the morning... I had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment