Saturday, September 18, 2010

Boat ride, Alcazar Garden MAGIC, and the Cathedral


Well, this week I have really been taking advantage of what my school has to offer. This first week of school has been okay, although I wish that I didn't have it from 3-7….. Bahhh! Anyway, on Wednesday, I went on a boat "cruise" on the Guadalquivir River which goes thru Sevilla.  It was all right, although not worth the money, but it was cool seeing the architecture of all the different bridges.  There were a lot of people kayaking on the river and I really wanna do that, but I have never done that before, and the boats kind of just hope you get out of their way… NOT that I saw anyone get hit, but if it was my first time, I think I might want to try on a river with no large boats…  Anyway, Thursday was a MAGICAL day!  I met up with my friend Megan (who is actually from Austin… how awesome!) to go for a little adventure.  We went back to the Alcazar that we had gone to the first full day we were here, but we went to the gardens part.  It is great because it is free because I am a student right now at my school CLIC, so we could do all these things for no money.  The gardens were like the garden of eden.  SO beautiful!  We pranced around with our cute little duck friends by all the ponds, trails, flowers, bushes, trees… There was a little gimpy duck that was our favorite that had a broken wing that was just so precious.  I LOVED these gardens.  We spent a few hours just loving every minute.  I really liked the part that was the maze because I really felt like I was a little fairy giggling and running up and down the isles trying to find myself.  There is something about being around such pretty nature that makes me so happy!  Surges of happy energy was flowing and I was loving every minute.  Despues the gardens, we went up to the cathedral which was very beautiful.  I just loved stained glass!  We walked up the tower, which was quite the experience, because we thought that it was only gonna be maybe 15 floors, but it ended up being 35!!! Needless to say, it was an amazing view when we got to the top.  All the walking around was quite a workout for the day, but we needed to get back to our pisos for lunch before school. After school I went to a FOOTBALL GAME!!!!!!!! (Soccer!) …but I will put that in another post so that I can include a picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment